Participation in these kinds of promotions is always iffy, so I tore off a smallish piece of bulletin board paper - about four feet wide - to hang in the hallway outside the media center. I have a round table that sits smack dab in the middle of the path when you enter the library (it's really about 12 feet in, I don't want anyone to hurt themselves!) and that's where I set up pencils and a stack of white and pink paper heart die cuts. In case you're wondering, the blue box is my suggestion box.
At first, there were only a few. Then I hung them in the hall. People started reading them. They stopped me in the hall to ask if they could write one. I shrugged, "Sure," then paused and gave then squinted my eyes, "But ONLY if you really love the library." Most everyone laughed and then went on to fill out a heart. I was surprised and touched when I caught some teachers filling out hearts too. They did notice my hard work! :)
Some of my favorite responses are listed below. Responses are typed with the spelling used.
- I love the libiry because your the best
- Because of all the different books to choose from!
- I love my library because you get to learn new things each day
- I love that our library does fun things like this!
- It's because you can read
- Because we have great librarians!
- I love the library because there are many amazing books and Mrs. Kenworthy does a news crue.
- Mrs. Kenworthy does so many creative lessons with the iPads. #RealNews
- Mrs. Kenworthy is the best reader
- I love my library because Mrs. Kenworthy and Mrs. McReynolds are so nice
- I love my library because you do so many good stuff
- Your librery is so good your books they look so new
- I love my library becaus there is good teachers
- Reading is my favorite subject and this is the best library ever!
Have you ever done any sort of "love my library" promotion? If so, tell me about it! If not, plan for something like this next February - it really does leave you feeling loved and appreciated.
Post a Comment