I don't think I ever typed a blog post about my goals for the 2018-2019 school year, but they included:
- Genrefication of my fiction section
- Earning Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) certification (We're a Micrsosoft district not Google so no point in pursuing that certification)
- Earning Learning Commons certification
- Attending GaETC since I'd missed the past two years
So how'd I do? Not too bad considering I added some stuff along the way. For those of you who know me well, I know you're so not surprised by this! ;)
Here's what I ended up doing:
- Fiction Genrefication
- Creating seasonal buckets for the Everybody section
- Earned MIE certification
- Earned Brain Pop Educator certification
- Began a newsletter with stats that I shared with faculty and parents
- Leveraged the power of the PTA by having them share info for me on their Facebook page and e-blasts
- Attended GaETC
- Took over the Georgia Department of Education's ELA Twitter account (@GaDOEELA) for a week. See my tweets #litchamsga
- Selected as a presenter at the 2nd CobbInTech conference on June 5 for "Show and Share with Puppet Pals"
- Selected as a presenter at the GLMA Summer Institute on June 10 for "Maker Mornings"
So, I didn't earn the Learning Commons Certification, but I have a great start for next year. I'm going to make that part of my 2019-2020 school year professional development goal.
Were you able to accomplish all your goals for the 2018-2019 school year?